Friday, June 19, 2009

*Everyday Chatter

The New York Subway Project chronicles all 468 subway stops in New York City. It even comes with an interactive map! [via Trainjotting]

Sally Young and The Bowery Neighbors have put together a website chronicling the history of (just about) every building on the Bowery from Houston to 9th. Check out their East Bowery Survey here.

Admiral's Row is collapsing. [Curbed]

Did a "disgruntled old man neighborhood blogger" tag the accursedly named DBGB? [Eater]

Is it Dallas or New York City? That's the question I ask myself whenever I walk past the new face of Astor Place:


This whole thing about wild hawks infiltrating East Village eatery "Birdie's" sounds like a viral marketing stunt to me. [Gothamist]

Alphabet City gets Novogratzed--with a new mansion between A & B. [EVG]

Another gas station goes--and big-box development seems likely for this corner of the LES. [BB]

Take a walk along Court Street. [FNY]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "new" Astor Place isn't nearly as "inappropriate" to an urban aesthetic as some areas I've seen, but sadly yes, just squint your eyes, or tap your shoes together 3 times, and you'll be in Dallas..or Atlanta, or Paramus, or Columbus-- take your pick Dorothy. Ugh.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous, I live in Atlanta (after living in NYC for 12 years), and believe me, they're not that creative here when it comes to public space.

I'll take the 'New Astor Place' over downtown Atlanta any day of the week.

ShatteredMonocle said...

or rather the author's profile